Monday, August 2, 2010

Around the Peninsula - August 2, 2010

I haven't done one of these little posts in a long while. Here we go...



  • Keen observers and geography nerds such as myself may have noticed that Google released updated satellite views of Portland and the surrounding areas. Based on the half-demolished Jordan's factory and the first stages of the Jetport expansion in the imagery, I estimate the images to be a couple months old. Check it out on Google Maps or Google Earth before they get old.
  • Unseen Portland has taken off since my last "Around the Peninsula" posting. This site posts photographs taken around town by many different photographers, and anyone (even you!) can submit your shots. As the author describes the site: "My goal is simply to show Portland in it’s most raw and beautiful state." You might even spy one of my photos in the archives. 

  • Hillytown.com was redesigned not long ago, look sharp! Still the go-to site  for music happenings around town and the place to go for info about the remaining music festivals around the state taking place this summer.
  • And as always, be sure to check out the blogs listed on the right-hand column. Want your blog added? Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment